I respect everyone’s opinion, but I just really don’t get how people say that Ariel “gave up her family for a man” as opposed to Tiana when Ariel wanted to be a human long before she even saw (and saved, to be clear) Eric and did not do anything about her love for the human world or for Eric himself up untill the point where her dad pushed her into it making it clear he will never accept nor respect her interests and is going to punish her for them. Tiana on the other hand never dreamt of being a frog, she grew up with loving parents who never disrespected her interests and goals (unlike Triton) and yet she was willing to give it all up at once to be with Naveen (whom she knew for about few days and only started having feelings for him few minutes before the movie final after her grand realization that she is actually in love with him) which would mean remaining a frog forever - as she thought - and leaving behind her goals, her dreams and her family. Imo this is the clear example of leaving everything behind for a guy whereas for Ariel Eric was just one of many reasons why she wanted to be a human.
This isn’t Frogatouille where Tiana could’ve went back to her dream of owning a restaurant and back to her family while being a frog. She simply had to leave those things behind if she was stuck as a frog, it’s a situational thing not purely by choice of being with Naveen. I think your argument is unfair in comparison.
- cause-im-misses-brightside reblogged this from expelled-from-heaven
- herhinney likes this
- expelled-from-heaven reblogged this from queenriceandbeans and added:
- queenriceandbeans reblogged this from the-princessandthefrog and added:
- the-princessandthefrog reblogged this from expelled-from-heaven and added:
- xdarklydreamingx likes this
- beashmo likes this
- goingdownthebayou reblogged this from expelled-from-heaven and added:
- d-sneydream likes this
- danareadsbooks likes this
- estranged-gravity likes this
- arielinthegrotto likes this
- im--wonderstruckk likes this